Food Fight: Babb’s Coffee House

Hey readers. This week, we’re reviewing Babb’s Coffee House. Like all Food Fight posts, I’m looking to hear about your personal experiences with this eatery.

How are the food and drinks? Are prices fair? How about service? Do you the atmosphere in there?

Hit the comments and let your stomach speak.

9 Responses to Food Fight: Babb’s Coffee House

1. Kim says:

Babb’s has the best chicken salad sandwich in town! It is called the ‘Capitol Hill’ and is served on a croissant. MMMMM!

2. Jaime says:

I like going to Babb’s. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is a little more hip than one is used to seeing in Jamestown, which is good in my opinion. I’m not a coffee drinker, but I love getting Italian sodas, so there is something for everyone. Their Spaceneedle sandwich is awesome, as is their tomato basil soup. And I’ve gotten partial to their cream cheese muffins… they usually have 3 different kinds: regular, blueberry and chocolate. They’re all good. The prices are a little high, which is run of the mill for a coffee shop, but it still makes me consider going there a once-in-a-while thing. But I enjoy every second once I get to go!

3. Leah says:

I love Babb’s Chicken Ceasar Salad Wrap! They always have great service and are quick to make sure you enjoyed what you got. Prices are steep but like the above post its usually like that for coffee shops.

4. honeybee says:

Babb’s just can not get their act together and serve me a proper tea. Maybe they only train their staff on coffee? They’ve screwed up my chai tea order several times (once they added coffee to it, blech!) and my husband’s iced tea tasted horrible the last time we ate there together (overbrewed – it sat there for at least 10 minutes before getting it to us and that’s after they accidentally made him a hot tea). I find the service to be hit and miss. There are some folks that work there who are on the spot while others have no clue. I do really like their food. The pasta salad is excellent! I also like that they have vegetarian options that taste good too. Oh, and the atmosphere is pretty nice although some of the tables are broken and the tableclothes are sometimes dirty. Open mic night is fun. It’d be cool if they could get more local bands to play there.

5. Mavis says:

Food is great, prices are steep! There is another coffee/gift shop a block away with awesome food ad drink and much cheaper prices!

6. Marie says:

Babb’s has the best coffee in town but that is about it. Their prices are way too high, not to mention if you want to add whip cream, extra shot, different milk, or pay with your debit card add more $$$ on top of an already overpriced coffee. Once I was even charged the debit card use fee twice when THEY screwed up my order and I had to pay for something after my intial order. (My cream cheese cost me $1.45) I was also yelled at once for bringing in Cheerio’s and baby yogurt for my 10 month old (no outside food allowed) I’m sorry I didn’t see a baby menu anywhere. I no longer visit this establishment and am happy to take my business somewhere else (including my friends)!

7. honeybee says:

Oh, yeah, Marie, you are right – the credit card fee is very irritating! Actually, it’s against their merchant agreement with the cc companies. I know it’s not cool that the cc companies charge them a fee per transaction, but to put that on the customer is not good business, in my opinion (at least so blatantly). I can’t believe they yelled at you for bringing in baby food. Lame!

8. Jennie Barnard says:

There lack of accessibility bothers me greatly…EVERYBODY should be able to visit an establishment!!! As well as the fact that their prices are very high and have so many random “extra charges”. I do not choose to go there, I go there if someone else chooses for me.

9. Jennie Barnard says: