I’m here in Kansas. Tomorrow night I’ll be back in North Dakota. Here are the Cliff’s Notes of my trip so far:
- I worked until midnight Friday, drove to Fargo, flew to Minneapolis and then to Kansas City. From there I rode with a cousin to Manhattan, Kan., for my brother’s graduation, which was at 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
- I shot a few hundred photos of the graduation and party before catching a ride home to Council Grove with my uncle. At a little before 6 p.m., having not slept at all since Friday morning, I noticed how comfortable the living room carpet in my old home looked and promptly laid myself down and slept. I woke up a few hours later, found a bed, and slept until the next morning.
- On Sunday, a cousin of mine graduated (I did not expect that) and I took pictures too, even though it was short notice.
- Today, I went and saw my little brother compete in the regional high school golf tournament. I met a man there who was a marvel of modern science, because he acted like a 5 year old but had a 45-year-ld body. Surely, the people of Kansas are making leaps and bounds in brain-transplant surgery.
- Tonight, I’m meeting friends for beer in Aggieville.
- Tomorrow, I’m eating barbecue in Kansas City before flying back to my beloved North Dakota.
And that’s about it. There will be pictures.